Friday 23 November 2007

Bunny Crazy!

I was perusing this morning's Metro on the tube with my super-cool friend Jeff, when we uncovered O2's latest offers led venture into telephony greatness - O2 numbers. I'm keen on the offering, its flexible, simplistic and value-added, but what the hell is with the huge bunny?? I unfortunately didn't take the offending image with me, so I don't have a picture to post, but I just don't understand the connection with the proposition. It's like O2 are hiving equity from Sony Bravia almost! And what do they want to do that for?! I am not a particular fan of the way Sony Bravia position themselves as a brand in their own right, yet Sony use the same marketing messages for Bravia as they do for Walkman. Consistent, I suppose, but it feels lazy. O2's venture into bunny-land feels lazy too, I mean, they have plenty of brand property of their own going on to play with. I just think they could have utilised this more effectively and uniquely, whilst promoting their offering to the best end.

No comments: