Monday 17 December 2007

2007: That was the year that was...


2007 - it's nearly over! Huzzah! And about time I started making some resolutions for 2008. I was out with an old friend on Saturday and I got thinking about the successes of 2007.

The industry is still going through massive changes, social networking, widgets and applications all help to bolster the lucrative nature of the digital medium, pushing it into being the newest mass medium. Collaboration is still key. Engagement not interruption. And creativity continues to push the boundaries of rationality. Fallon's No. 1 Gorilla exploit for Cadbury's certainly shows that as long as there is a massive idea, it can work. It's been a year of retail celebrity overload too, which shows how equity can be hived from these 'powerbrands' to point towards a bigger goal.

As for me, I have a postgraduate diploma in advertising and I am working in the industry as a junior planner. Everything that I intended to achieve, has been achieved. But, I'm not stopping there... 2008 calls for bigger things. Get my blog out there, raise my game, even write a book!

As for the industry, where is that headed? Will the Facebook bubble finally burst? Will the ASA remain self-regulatory? Will there be any further advertising restrictions and will this dampen creativity? Will broadcast media survive the digital onslaught? Will newspapers permanently make the move on-screen?

My guesses... yes, yes, no, yes, no

1 comment:

Louise said...

Why thank you! I shall take a look...